What to Expect from Professional Mold Removal
When homes or commercial buildings are experiencing mold problems, it’s never a good idea to tackle the issue alone. Instead, calling a professional mold remediation company will get to the source of the mold problem and go through a rigorous removal process that ensures no mold will come back.
Here’s what you can expect when you hire a professional mold removal company such as BGS Environmental Services, Inc:
- Mold Containment. For large amounts of mold, containment is necessary because this ensures no mold spores will travel to other parts of the home or office during the removal process. Mold travels easily via clothes and air currents. A professional mold removal company will use plastic sheets with duct tape to seal off doorways, vents, windows and other openings.
- Establishing Negative Pressure. After you’ve secured the area, be sure to turn off all heating & air conditioning systems so as not to stir up the mold during cleanup. Open one window and use a fan to create negative pressure. The fan should pull any airborne mold spores out of the house.
- Mold Removal. Professional mold remediation companies will use the latest technology to get rid of your mold problem. This includes HEPA vacuums and other cleaning chemicals. BGS Environmental Services, Inc. always uses products that are safe for you and your pets.
- Clean Belongings. Professional mold removal companies will also assist in cleaning up any items and materials that had mold on them. Part of this process may include discarding items that are deemed not salvageable such as dry wall or carpet.
- Mold Disposal. After cleaning all belongings and surfaces and using a HEPA vacuum, any professional mold removal service will always properly dispose of the mold for you. Any items that need to be discarded will also be carried off the property.
Err on the safe side by calling a professional to get rid of your mold problem once and for all!