Indoor air quality (IAQ) is a major concern for American homeowners and is a leading cause of illness. Homes that lack sufficient outdoor air intake or those that are prone to ventilation system issues and humidity problems are often cited for poor IAQ.
Silent But Harmful Contaminants
Although you may not be able to see these silent pollutants, they are causing you more harm than you may think. Common indoor air contaminants include carbon dioxide, tobacco smoke, pet dander and dust collected in carpets or furniture, and microbial organisms such as mold, bacteria and fungi. Mold in particular is a major contributor to why you and your family may be feeling ill at home. If you have been suffering from cold or flu-like symptoms, then you should consider contacting a professional to improve your IAQ.
Does Your Home Have Poor Air Quality?
If you notice any of the following symptoms during these months, then your home may benefit from improved indoor air quality.
- Allergies while indoors
- Moisture on walls, windows or floors
- Musty basement smell
- Mold build-up
- Overall dampness in the home
- Windows are foggy, icy or sweaty
- Basement is damp and cold
- Water collects on window sills
- Uneven heating or the home heats up slowly
Throughout The Year:
- Musty or unpleasant odors
- Stale, damp and unmoving air
- Structural damage to walls, ceilings or floors
- Allergy or flu-like symptoms while inside
Improve Your Home Air Quality
Instead of using a conventional dehumidifier to get rid of the musty smell in your home, the professionals at BGS Environmental Services, Inc. will install a state-of-the-art air Humidex ventilation system that starts at the source of your home odor problems.
Our mold remediation and indoor air quality company uses Humidex to improve your quality of life. We use these products as opposed to a conventional dehumidifier for the following reasons:
- Maintenance Free –After setting the system to your desired humidity level, Humidex will remove indoor air to the outside of your home while being replaced with a flow of drier, fresh air drawn downward from the upper levels of your home, no need to change filters or empty water trays.
- Multiple Models –Choose from various models and sizes based on your needs such as basement, apartment and crawl space models.
- Energy Efficient –The device plugs into conventional home outlets and only uses an average of $2.00 a month worth of energy, which is much less than the cost to run a dehumidifier.
- Looks Great –This indoor air ventilation system is not bulky like conventional dehumidifiers; it’s a wall-mounted device similar in appearance to a cabinet.
- Better Coverage –Armed with a 10 year warranty, only one device is needed to cover 4,000 square feet and is guaranteed to reduce condensation and wood rot throughout your home.
BGS Environmental Services, Inc. will work closely with you to improve your indoor air quality. We will quickly and efficiently remove any existing home mold problems before installing our recommended Humidex air ventilation system. Improving your family’s quality of life may be as simple as removing musty odors and mold in your home. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or request an estimate.
BGS Environmental Services, Inc. is an authorized Humidex dealer.