How To Prevent Bathroom Mold Growth
Category : Uncategorized
You may be happy that your home has never had a basement or attic mold problem, but there’s bound to be mold somewhere in your bathroom. Mold in bathrooms is quite common due to the high amount of moisture and warmth generated. Bathrooms with no windows are particularly susceptible to mold problems.
In order to prevent issues in the future, here are a few tips on how to prevent mold growth in your bathroom.
- Try to keep the humidity in your bathroom to around 55%. To do this, you can either run the ceiling vent, open a window on a nice day, use a fan to push moist air out of the room, or place a dehumidifier or air purification system in the room.
- Wipe down any wet surfaces after you’re done showering or using the sink. To prevent puddles, try drying off while still in the shower. Also be sure to wash your face or hands directly over the sink to avoid puddles. Standing water is the perfect opportunity for mold growth.
- Don’t forget that your bathroom should be cleaned on a regular basis! Our Quincy mold removal company recommends doing a quick clean of your bathroom once a day and a thorough clean once every week or every two weeks, depending on how many people use it.
- Regularly wash your shower curtain, if you have one, or use a chemical spray or cleaner on shower doors to prevent mold growth. Mold loves thriving on soap buildup and one way to prevent the growth is by washing the curtain or wiping down the corners of the shower.
- Keep your shower and sink drain clear at all times by using a drain clearing chemical solution or a drain snake. Don’t forget that you can also use natural cleaners such as vinegar to kill mold hiding in the drains. If you aren’t sure if you have a mold problem in your bathroom’s pipes, it’s important to contact a professional plumber who may recommend you to a mold removal company.
Have you noticed an increasingly problematic area of mold in your bathroom? There may be an underlying problem within the walls or ceiling of your bathroom tiles. Contact BGS Environmental Services today for an accurate project estimate and efficient mold removal services!