Category : Indoor Air Quality
Have you been experiencing allergies or allergy-like symptoms in your home but they vanish when you go outside? These symptoms can be brought on by various pollutants within your home due to poor indoor air quality. With little to no ventilation, these pollutants are unable to make their way out of the home and build up after awhile, causing these allergy-like symptoms. Help reduce the buildup of these pollutants with these tips.
- Utilize a dehumidifier to keep the moisture in your home between 30% and 50% to eliminate the mold growth potential
- When the weather is nice, open the windows in your home to bring the outside air in to help dilute indoor air emissions
- When you’re vacuuming, use HEPA vacuum cleaners to reduce dust and other pollutants in your home
- Utilize air purification products – these will help remove excess pollutants and contaminants
- Always run exhausts fans when cooking, showering, doing laundry, and running the dishwasher to remove moisture from the air and prevent mold growth
- Have your air ducts cleaned regularly to eliminate the dust and debris from entering your home
- Utilize air filtering plants such as Spider Plants and Pothos to help keep the oxygen clean and fresh
To learn more about our ventilation system installation process and to make your appointment, give BGS Environmental a call today at (774) 226-5911.